Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 10- From Singapore with Love- Happy Valentines Day

Today I had to be at work for 7:00 am to work the AM Lab, and my Valentines Day started with no love from the Singapore Taxi Companies, for a an hour the phone lines were either buys or I was on hold for 5 minutes before a prerecorded voice said "sorry no cabs are available at this time".  This of course sent me into a panic to start my day, but luckily everything worked out OK, and I was actually still on time.

Today was American BBQ Cuisine, the student have been looking forward to this day, and cooking an American BBQ, well more or less, we couldn't get all the proper ingredients at a reasonable price, so several substitutions were made, but all worked out in the end.

BBQ MENU

nBarbecued Beer-Cured Pork Ribs
nRed Beans and Rice
nButtermilk Onion Rings
nWarm Red Cabbage, Red Onion and Apple Slaw
nOld-Fashioned Cornbread
nPan-Seared Snapper with Floridian Fruit Vinaigrette
nGrilled Portabella Mushroom with Avocado, Corn, and Goat Cheese Salsa
nStewed Peppers, Tomatoes, Squash, and Onions
nBuffalo Wings
nSpicy Pan-Fried Catfish Fillets with Black bean Salsa
nStuffed Baked Potatoes
nSouthern-Style Fried Chicken













 After the class ended, the school held their monthly homecoming event where they have alumni, current students and new students intermingle.  Today was also fire drill awareness and a mock fire drill, that took us out of the air conditioned school floor, into the hot, humid, sunny Singapore weather.

Once I got home and rested for a few minutes, I decided that I needed another trip to Chinatown to take a few more pictures of the Chinese New Year decorations at night, I also ate dinner in Chinatown, and ended up eating at a tourist trap and spending way to much money for average food, oh well live and learn.





Tomorrow, I go back to the pm shift, and I now only have 4 more days left in Singapore, I am amazed on how fast the time as gone bye.

Until tomorrow, Happy Valentines Day, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment