Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Montreal Christmas Day 2- Christmas Eve

la veille de Noël

Today is Christmas Eve and in the morning we focus on the Montreal's  Public Markets/Farmer's Markets to find food for our Christmas Eve and Christmas feasts.  We started at Jean-Talon Market where I purchased an array of fresh vegetables to cook and serve with my Locust Leaf Farm leg of lamb that I brought with me from home.  But if I wanted to I could have purchased any meat, produce, dairy, bread and dessert item imaginable while there.

While at the public market I also purchase a the traditional Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner tourtière or meat pie originating from Quebec, they has a few types, Pork, Pork with Beef and Pork with Duck.  The just pork was sold out, so I chose the pork and beef as I knew my mother would not eat the pork and duck.  What would a Christmas Eve feast in Canada – Réveillon – be without tourtière, the classic meat pie beloved of Quebeçois and French-Canadians everywhere?

Here are some photos I took a the market.







Until I Blog Again:  Eat Well, Live Life and Be Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment