Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Raising Welsh Harlequin Ducklings - Arrival Day

DOUG'S DUCKS 

Raising Welsh Harlequin Ducklings 


On March 5th, 2014 I received my Welsh Harlequin Ducklings from Metzer Farms.

I ordered 10 females and 2 males from Metzer Farms and was shipped 10 females, 2 males and one straight run duckling.  Two females died in transport.  

The Cost for the Ducklings:
  • 12 @ $6.65 (Plus) $22.20 for sexing charge (Plus) $16.45 for shipping = $118.45

Metzer Farm was very accommodating and refunded me the cost of the two lost females.

The ducks arrived in the following box
 at the Post Office in Coventry, RI.



Here is the brooder that I have set up for them along with
 the supplies needed for their first few weeks:







Here the ducklings day one exploring and making themselves at home:







The approximate cost for the duckling and supplies needed for this project:

Ducks- $118.00
Brooder- $60.00
Food- $8.00
Feeders (both duckling and future duck size)- $25.00

Total Cost To Date: $211.00

Check back soon as I will be posting additional post on their progress and building the duck coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment