Saturday, May 14, 2011

19th Annual Rare and Unusual Plant Sale & Building my Raised Vegetable Beds

This Saturday morning, I awoke early with anticipation, trying not to sleeping in even one minute, for today I was heading to the 19th Annual Rare and Unusual Plant SaleMy friend Sandra Lindblom  introduced me to the plan sale last year, and since my visit last May, I have been patiently waiting for the sale this year.



City Farm is home to the Rare and Unusual Plant Sale every year. One weekend in May, hundreds of varieties of annuals, perennials, and fruit and vegetable plant starts are available for purchase. Most of the 18,000 plants were carefully cultivated through the late winter and early spring on-site by the City Farm team, including dozens of volunteers. Hundreds of other perennials and annuals are donated by generous local gardeners.

The sale was extremely busy, I arrived as the event opened and I would guess that there were over 200 persons already buying plants.


The following is a list of what I purchased: I have linked each of the plants to a website that gives a description of them.  I tried to purchase as many Heirloom plants as possible.



    After I purchased the plants I went home and to start building my 2 raised vegetable beds, each 4 feet wide by 12 feet long and 20 inches high, see pictures below.  Next step is to purchase the garden soil, plant and enjoy!!

Until my next blog:

Eat Well, Stay Safe & Live Life..

3 comments:

  1. I love to read this type of stuff. Good and attractive information I take from it..Thank you for posting such a nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post, it was fantastic and incredible. I am pretty sure that it was a successful event. Thank you for sharing.


    Charles A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog! Your blog is very useful and helpful for all. Thanks for sharing the post. Keep up more in future. You have done well job....

    ReplyDelete