Friday, April 20, 2012

Herb Garden

As a follow up to my last blog post Earth Day 2012- A Culinary/Locavore Holiday and in honor of Earth Day.  I decided to plant a herb garden.


"An herb is a friend to physicians and the praise of cooks." - Charlemagnes


I decided to use the space between my two raised garden beds because I will still be able to access the garden beds from all sides  and I was tired of mowing that little strip of grass.  I decided to use rocks instead of mulch because rocks will last forever, compared to mulch that I would have to replace every few years and now I have a rock garden.

I planted 12 herbs plants:
  • German Thyme
  • Spicy Oregano
  • Greek Oregano
  • Flat Parsley
  • Cilantro
  • Lemon Balm
  • Thai Basil
  • Glove Basil
  • Purple Basil
  • Basil
  • Lavender
  • Dill
I have sage, chives and thyme as perennials in my garden and I have rosemary as a house plant,
    In the following pictures you will not only see the herb garden, but the progress of my spring garden seed that I planted about a month ago they are growing great, notice the baby spinach and pea shoots as well as sage that is growing wild at the moment..  Enjoy and Happy Earth Day, go plant something :)









Until I Blog Again:  Eat Well, Live Life and Be Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment